Security Engineer - DevSecOps
Posted Oct 04
Security Engineer - DevSecOps
WHO WE ARE:
Monetate is built on the principle that all people are different and that a customer-centric perspective will outperform a “one-size-fits-all” approach. Our SaaS platform uses machine learning/artificial intelligence to enable world-class brands to deliver relevant, personalized experiences to all of their customers across all of their channels (web, mobile, in-store, etc.), in real-time, and at scale - we served more than two billion personalized experiences over Cyber weekend alone.
Our Product Engineering team is a passionate group of engineers and architects. We work closely together to build complex products and features that are driven by a highly usable, marketer-friendly interface. We encounter a lot of difficult and fun challenges involving machine learning, statistics, data visualization, real-time decisioning, user interface, and plenty more.
We’re seeking a highly collaborative engineer with a passion for security, software, and modern infrastructure (DevSecOps) to join our team as a Security Engineer. Monetate has offices located in NYC, Conshohocken, PA (just outside of Philly), Palo Alto and London, and we focus on hiring the absolute best talent by welcoming remote employees.
WHAT YOU’LL DO AS A SECURITY ENGINEER:
- Create and maintain secure, efficient, and reliable infrastructure with code
- Review architecture and code from a security perspective
- Setup and perform regular penetration tests and vulnerability scans
- Participate in Monetate’s DevOps on-call rotation
- Support SOC 2 Type II audits on Monetate controls
- Support international assessments, such as GDPR and EU-US Privacy Shield
- Assist with vendor and customer assessments and audits
- Respond to any security incidents
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- A highly collaborative security engineer with a passion for modern infrastructure and software
- A deep understanding of software (OWASP) and infrastructure (CIS) security fundamentals
- A deep understanding of fundamental Internet technologies
- Experience using AWS or other virtualized infrastructure
- Excitement to use tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Packer, Troposphere, Consul, Jenkins, SonarQube, and AWS
- Background in Linux/Unix Administration. MySQL experience is a plus
- Familiarity with several scripting languages (e.g. python, bash) and have in-depth experience with at least one
- Demonstrable skills in continuous deployment, configuration, networking and integration
- Experience running a high-volume website in a production environment is a plus
- 6+ years of relevant experience OR Bachelors in Computer Science
OUR TEAM & CULTURE:
We’re relentlessly customer focused: Everything we do, we do to make things better for our customers. We innovate and continuously improve. Better products. Better service. More Value. Repeat
We’re here to win: We lead in a market that never stops moving. We have the courage to commit, to make tough decisions and when we need to we turn on a dime.
We love this stuff: We hire smart, fun, talented people who want to make a difference. We’re building the world’s most amazing team of personalization zealots.
We’ve got each others backs: We value candor, appreciate diversity and insist on respect. We’re here for each other. Every day. We win as a team with a shared spirit of optimism.
We’re owners and we act like it: We take initiative, act with urgency and are accountable for results. We’re all engaged
Integrity is non-negotiable: Our customers, suppliers, partners, stakeholders, communities and competitors can all trust us to do the right thing. No BS. No exceptions
- You’ll get to work with a a very talented and passionate team of personalization zealots
- We pride ourselves on upholding a respectful and supportive environment; if there's something you need to get your work done, well get it for you
- We understand that everyone is different. We have flexible hours, no dress code, and you're free to migrate between dedicated desks (standing desks available), private rooms, open lounges with couches, or even the lawn to get your work done.
- You'll never go hungry - catered lunches and tons of snacks
- 12 weeks of fully paid maternity leave and 4 weeks of fully paid paternity leave
- Full Benefits, 401k & Stock options
Monetate is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment
without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.