Senior Software Engineer
Posted May 15
LearnZillion is a social venture dedicated to taking the highest quality curriculum and making it teacher-friendly and classroom-ready. Empowering educators to provide students with the education they need to be successful, we're changing the paradigm of curriculum, publishing, and content.
Our well-funded, fast-growing education technology startup is looking for software engineers to help us create essential tools for teachers, students, districts, and parents. You will play a key role in building LearnZillion’s technology platform and shaping its future. You will work closely with product designers, software engineers, product managers, academics, our co-founders, and user community to build our world-class web and mobile applications.
You should be technically skilled, focused, and creative.
LearnZillion was founded by two educators in 2011 and is now used by more than 1 in 3 U.S. teachers. We provide a learning platform that helps teachers and parents meet the educational needs of every student. We are building an online, collaborative, curricular platform with lessons, resources, assessments, and activities created by some of the country’s best educators.
LearnZillion is funded through the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, O’Reilly AlphaTech Ventures, Omidyar Network, NewSchools Venture Fund, Learn Capital, Owl Ventures, DCM, and others. More than 1M teachers and millions of students in the U.S. use LearnZillion.
Some of our mentions:
More about us at https://learnzillion.com/p/company/
The Engineering & Design team excels at building product that delights users and solves complex problems simply. We ship product daily, value iteration over big upfront design, pay attention to the details, and help each other improve.
Our team is made up of experienced and newer SaaS product builders. We not only impact LearnZillion but regularly provide thought leadership and code contribution to the third parties we rely on, including many big name tech companies.
Our Technology Stack
- Ruby on Rails 5 (HAML, SASS, and Webpack)
- Ruby 2
- Vue.js and Knockout.js
- GitHub, Code Climate, Circle CI, and automated QA test suite written by our world-class QA team
- No significant technical debt or accruing backlog of bugs
- Design and develop full-stack software to add impactful new features for teachers, students, parents, and administrative users
- Write unit, functional, and integration tests
- Collaborate with engineering, QA, product, and product design team members
- Scale our applications as our user base grows
- A solid understanding of Ruby
- 1+ years of experience improving the performance of Ruby on Rails applications (caching, background jobs, profiling and optimizing, etc.)
- Intrinsically-motivated individual who loves to get things done
- Competitive salary and paid time off
- 4% 401(k) contribution matching
- Remote-work friendly schedule
- Work daily with top-notch engineering and product design team members
- Make the digital curriculum of the future a reality for students everywhere
LearnZillion is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.